Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Introduction

Was it Nietzsche who said: 
  • On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.
Well it was a quote long ago read to me I have never forgotten. I have tried and failed many times to explain why we are here,what is our purpose? No matter how many theories I have tossed around inevitably it always comes back to just enjoy what you do and the time you have.
          That led me to my epiphany this April. I had been out of work much like most of the country, had been looking for work and finding none. All the time dreaming about my childhood passion..PICKING!! I love Garage Sales,Auctions,Swap Meets etc.

Being unemployed and having not saved well prior to losing my job this seemed a pipe dream. Enter my great friend Mike a factory worker by day and heavy metal guitarist by night. He had decided he was fed up with not being appreciated and being caught in a dead end go nowhere job and asked me if I would join him in forming a business. I was hesitant because I had no money to give to the venture, Mike assured me he was willing to take the risk. 

What ideas where had early on where unwise and have cost us months of regression and growing pains, in which time each of us at different times have almost thrown in the towel n walk away but perseverance was in our souls. We are now proud owners of an online business called Door County Blues!

What is Door County Blues?
A simple answer is a jack of all trades store in constant evolution. The long answer is we are building capital at the moment by tapping into my life long knowledge of vintage items and mikes knowledge of cutlery and some jewelry. We have two active online stores Etsy Store and our Ebay Store. Thing seem to be heading in the right direction.

I will be adding more about me,mike our business,the color of yummy and much more...

I'll leave you with a few pictures of some items from our business!






         
 Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog. Good luck in your venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me what the color of yummy is! I demand to know! Tell me it's blue! I think blue tastes great! It must be blue!

    ReplyDelete